lunes, 11 de abril de 2011

Vygostky: a Genius

Lev Semyonovich Vygotsky was born in Russia in 1896. He graduated from Moscow State University in 1917. In 1920, he worked at the Institute of Psychology where he investigated ideas about cognitive development in the human. He died in 1934, at the age of 37, in Moscow of tuberculosis. He never graduated as Psychologist, but he was founder of cultural-historical psychology. Vygotsky investigated child development and how this was guided by the role of culture and interpersonal communication.

For me Vygotsky is a pioneer in the field of education and psychology, he postulated one theory for understand how the child learn through of social contact. He proposed concepts for obtained a new point of view about the cognitive and social development. His theory was revolutionary in the past. Vygotsky was a visionary, is for this that for me is a very important person in my field of study. The most incredible is that he never could prove his theory while he lived, but his followers had the task of make the experiments for prove the ideas of Vygostky. For me he is a genius because in his short life he could generate a very important theory for the Psychology.

5 comentarios:

  1. Honestly, I don't know much about Vygotsky, although he seems to be very interesting. I have only a small idea of ​​his theory, in Curico there's a school that follows his line.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Vygotsky!! This semester, in the field of developmental psychology, we will study the Vygotsky's theory :)

    I find him interesting

    Greeting!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I don´t know Vigotsky jet, but I´ll learn it this semerter. =)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I thik that too, Vigotsky is a real genius!!
    I like him very much
    see you!

    ResponderEliminar